Tuesday, April 5, 2011

An Organized Moment





As you may well remember, I decided to grow a garden last year. And it did well. See here for a little reminder. Well, to save on some costs and to stretch myself a little more, I have decided to start several different plants from seed. Obviously with our fabulous weather (insert sarcasm here), there are some that need to be started early.

And with that little bit of knowledge, I have actually started some early. I have a healthy batch of pumpkins, peppers (3 varieties), some herbs and some cherry tomatoes. I am waiting for my watermelon to decide that growing is a good hobby. In the next little bit, I'm going to add a little bit of zucchini and cucumber. Now, I just need to figure out where I'm going to put all of these little seedlings. (I'm running out of window sills.) I am also happy to report that my children (more importantly, the 2 year old) have also managed to leave them mostly alone. They are very happy to come and check out the progress and offer to help water them. My plants have also not drowned in "love", aka water.


We are also on Spring Break. Last year we went to California. I've decided that that was really awesome as we planned NOTHING this year. There's a couple events already planned for later in the year and so the money and vacation time just wasn't there. Yeah. 2 weeks off, at the house in Calgary weather (read: snow, wind with an occasional sprinkling of sun, more as a tease), has not been that fun. There have been moments, mostly errands that I have to get done. Needless to say, I have already figured out what we are going to do next year for Spring Break. But, here's some pictures on a nice day of our new bubble blowing machine!

1 comment:

Kira said...

I thought you would show off the new hutches ... but we all know how much I love plants ;-)