Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Where did the Summer go?

I finally loaded up my summer pictures onto the computer. First note, I'm typing on a computer missing both shift keys, which slows me down a little bit. It's also made for some interesting spelling. So, bare with me.

We hit the beach and played with friends for the first half, but our first major thing this summer was swimming lessons. Everyone did really well.


Then we headed down to Montana for our usual 2 weeks. We played in the water, with cousins. Rode on the jet ski and learned to wake board. We rode in the boat and went on tube rides. Basically we were outside without TV for two weeks, enjoying the weather (even on the crummier days.)

While it is always sad to come home from such a nice vacation, we had a surprise waiting for us. The garden that I had planted this summer - well, it basically exploded! Which is very impressive for this first-time gardener. This has become a very rewarding experience for me. I am so very good at starting projects and so very NOT good (excuse the poor English here) at finishing them. I still have to harvest, but I'm looking forward to it.
And lastly, what would a trip to the beach be, without a mermaid?

No comments: