Thursday, April 14, 2011

Decorating is a slow process...





At least for me it is. I haven't totally figured out what I like, what I want in my house. I have figured out what I don't like, which you would think would narrow things down. Sort of. (wince)

But I have known for a long time that I need more storage. Can't put everything in its place when you don't have a place for it. So, I have been eyeballing hutches for several months now. I thought that I would try craigslist or kijiji and by something previously enjoyed and then just paint it to suit what I want. I found a couple, my dear money-conscious husband (who I adore and am happy that he keeps me in check) would do a fabulous job of talking me out purchasing them. We just needed to wait. Love that phrase. And, admittedly, I was a bit chicken to go to random person's house and look at these things solo. So, round and round we would go.

Well, thanks to the wonders of the Internet, I found a couple of display cabinets that I really loved from Ikea. So, cowards excuses aside, I found someone with a truck, went to Ikea and got some new display cabinets. So the Saturday that Clark got home from yet another trip, we put up the cabinets and some curtain rods! I will have this house decorated - in time to move!


And, in typical Calgary fashion, which drives a good, dear friend of mine batty, it snowed again last night. A lot. For some reason, that does not deter my kids at all. At least I managed to get boots on them?


2 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, that's awesome. When can we organize stuff into them? So pretty.

Kira said...

Oh yeah ... a shout out! I wish I was happier about the content of my shout out ;-) Stupid snow!