Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I don't want a story, I just want the truth....

We have various new visitors to our home. They are "Not Me", "He/She Did It" and the ever faithful "Shoulder Shrug." We also have the ever self-sacrificing "I Guess, Maybe I Did It" (even though my tone and body language suggests that perhaps I didn't, but I'm saying I did to get you to stop asking us, mom.) There are a lot of things I love about my kids getting older: they can dress themselves, find food if they need to and entertain themselves and/or each other. This new phenomenon is not as welcomed. My usual response: I don't want a story, I just want the truth. Otherwise we all point fingers at each other, calling each other a liar. And then we've completely missed the point and the original reason we were having the discussion in the first place. Love my kids... there are just some days I should just stay in bed. :)

No comments: