Friday, June 11, 2010

2 Weeks Left...

...until summer vacation! I love summer vacation. Don't get me wrong, I love that my kids are busy during the school year, but it's so nice to have a lack of schedule for a little bit. I don't have to worry about making sure homework is done and lunches made. The kids go to bed later, but they sleep in. No paperwork to fill out and money to send to the school. Instead, we hit the beach until I'm guaranteed that my tan won't start fading until at least November. We see family and hit attractions around town. All in all, summer is great.

We have a couple of things that we do almost every year. The Canada Day parade in Airdrie in one. Going to the lake in our community is another. But, one of my favorites is always going down to Montana. The kids are entertained. We watch very little TV. We just eat healthier and are outside until bedtime. I love it! It is a TRUE vacation for me. Very little effort on my part to keep everyone busy and I NEVER hear - I'm bored! Most planned vacations for our family are very busy - gotta get everything crammed in cause we aren't usually sure about when we'll be back. But not going to Montana.

What about you? Summer Vacation plans in the works? Or better yet, do you have a favorite vacation tradition or past exploration that you love (still England for me)?

Good luck to everyone as their summer starts (and starts soon.)

No comments: