Monday, January 11, 2010

Why I Love Chinooks... and Ibuprofen

Caught your attention, did I? The one thing that I LOVE about the Calgary area in the winter, is the phenomenon of a Chinook. Here's a warm wind that comes from B.C. and the moisture is all sucked out by the mountains and so it's just warm, not wet at all. The best thing is that it brings up the temperature into the positive end of the Celsius scale. Snow melts and we even have a little bit of grass showing. I think of it as our little blessing for living in such long, cold winters. So, I'm wearing a sweater when I go and pick up Caleb today. Hooray for Chinooks!

As to the ibuprofen reference... that's what I'm living on right now so I can function. Sciatica sucks! Thanks to a good friend (Kira) for understanding and pain management suggestions. I've had HUGE improvements (aka I can move again.) Want to appreciate being able to clean? Kill your back so you spend most of your day on it. Will I become the next Martha? Nope. Do I seriously appreciate that I can move again, and take care of my family again? You betcha. Now, I have to remember to pace myself a little more. Off to the Canadian Back Institute this week and the wait list for an MRI. Joy.

But -- I CAN MOVE AGAIN!

1 comment:

motherofangels said...

Wow, ibuprophen! I hope it is helping. They usually give sciatica patients "major" pain killers! Take it easy, and stretch that butt! haha