Tuesday, October 13, 2009

One of these houses is not like the others...

Do you remember that song from Sesame Street?
"One of these things is not like the others. One of these things is kind of the same."


Yeah. When we moved in to our house, we were right beside the show home office. Well, the office picked up and moved and then we were beside a great empty dirt field. Full of wonder, rocks and mud if the weather permitted. It was wonderful. (Insert sarcasim here.) Well that dirt field is now a proud owner of two houses. And it's been great actually. The framers didn't start until 8 in the morning, so it wasn't like I was woken up to hammers banging. They made great strides all summer long while we were in and out of town. It's had been a good little experience....

Then, when I got back from London (the first time) I was greated to my new neighbour's houses. Tell me what you think:

My phone call to Carma didn't get me great results. It was something to the effect: They aren't going to change the siding, but Heartland will try to paint them to make them look different enough. And actually, this picture makes it look like the houses are much more different in color then in person. These two houses are right beside me! It's awful! Anyway, that's all from us for now. I'm going to survive until Wed/Thurs for the Chinook to hit and get rid of the unsightly white stuff.

No comments: