For better or worse there are phrases, sayings, and other exciting things that have come out of my mouth and promptly engrained into my children's.
1. "That's not on sale." This has been my lifesaver. It's so much easier to swallow "Is this one on sale mom?" then "Can I have this one?"
2. Mom: What do you do if there's a problem? Kids: Tell Mom. That's the phrase I go over with Kyrie and Aiden before I hop in the shower.
3. Mom: You get what you get... Kyrie: And you don't get upset. I don't even think she realizes I am talking about her, but she seems to get a serious kick out of that one.
4. Mom: Does whining get you what you want? Child:No.
5. Child: Can we get a treat? Mom looks at child with raised eyebrow. Child: If we're good, right?
6. Mom: If you keep doing that... Caleb: You'll go mental?
Any of you have some phrases that I should/should not teach my children? As Clark and I always say to each other after a tough day with the kiddies: Why did we have kids again? Oh yeah, cause they're amusing and we have no self control!